IOCT Masters in Creative Technogies
Major Project
An augmented reality game based on "Breakout"

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Startup screen

The startup screen is the first screen that the player sees. I wanted to create a bright, appealing image for the startup screen that also reflected the game. I tried some designs using Microsoft Paintbrush, as I wanted the graphics for this screen to be in keeping with the graphics in the rest of the game.

Designs from Microsoft Paintbrush:








































Having chosen a design I liked, I developed this and took the file into Adobe Photoshop to add a lighting effect and the titles. The effect and titles add to the creative effect of the image.




The final design for the startup screen:










To use the image I have created as the startup screen I have used the “cvLoadImage” code to copy the image pixel by pixel, one colour channel at a time and load it to the screen.