IOCT Masters in Creative Technogies
Major Project
An augmented reality game based on "Breakout"

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Music

Having added sound effects to the game and understood how the MIDI signals can be used, I have also decided to include some musical elements. I feel the introduction to the game and the congratulations screen would benefit from having music playing alongside the visual image.

For the congratulations screen, I feel it appropriate to use Cliff Richard's "Congratulations". In order to code this, I researched and found a piano score on the Internet to find which notes are used in the chorus, the length of the notes and where the rests are in each bar. I then used a conversion list to convert the pitch musical notes into code and was able to write a piece of code to play the chorus of "Congratulations".

Here is the code I wrote for "Congratulations":