IOCT Masters in Creative Technogies
Major Project
An augmented reality game based on "Breakout"

Wednesday 11 June 2008

Coding a timer

In order to create a countdown I needed to code a timer, again I needed to carry out some research to find the best way to do this. To work out that a second in time has passed the processor clicks need to be counted. If the number of processor clicks is greater than the number of clicks per second, then a second in time has passed.

The timer may also be used if I add a time counter to the game. This is not necessary and may make the scoring system more intricate. I may add a time counter to the game if I manage to get the rest of the essential coding done within the expected time limits.

To create the timer I have included the header file time.h and used the clock code in my game code.